I hope you’re enjoying our Heaven series at New Charlotte as much as I am!
I am learning so much about what will be our final destination as Christians, and it is exciting.
The reality is, we don’t need to look up and wonder what Heaven will be like. The Holy Spirit wants to reveal to us the mysteries of Heaven through God’s word and God’s world. I want to encourage you to do just that, take a closer look into God’s word and pay more attention to the glimpses of Heaven that God is giving to us through His world.
During my recent sermon, Heaven: What will we be like?, I quoted several Scriptures for the answers that I was giving to specific questions. Below are some of those Scriptures. I will try to update them here as we continue to move through the series. I love you, New Charlotte, and I’m excited to be on this journey with you.
Here is a link to the Heaven series, in case you need it.
- I Corinthians 2:9-10 - God wants us to know about Heaven!
- Luke 23:43 - There is a Present Heaven.
- Revelation 21 - There is a Future Heaven.
- Job 19:26 - We will have a physical body in Heaven.
- Luke 24:39 - Jesus appears in physical form after his resurrection.
- Revelation 6:9-11 - The martyrs can see what’s happening on earth.
- Revelation 19:1-5 - The multitude rejoices at the work on God on earth.
- Hebrews 12:1 - The saints can cheer on those still running the faith race.
- I Timothy 3:16 - The angels can see the work of Jesus.
- Luke 15:7 - There is rejoicing in Heaven over the repentance of a sinner on earth.
- Revelation 21:4- Jesus will wipe away our tears of brokenness and sin.
- Luke 6:21- Our mourning and pain will be replaced with laugher in Heaven.
My prayer for this Heaven series is that it dispels any fears about Heaven that you may have. And that it fills you with hope for what is to come!