New Charlotte is partnering with Church at Charlotte and St. Stephen UMC to conduct a summer reading book fair at Greenway Park and Idlewild Elementary Schools.
Here’s How You Can Help
- Donate during the offering or online and we will purchase books for you.
- Join us at Greenway Park (May 22) or Idlewild (May 23) and help students choose the 5 books they can take home with them.
The Power of Literacy
- 96% of 3rd graders reading on grade level will graduate on time
- On average, students lose 2 months of reading skills over the summer
- The third grade literacy proficiency rate is currently at 39% across CMS
Through participating in our Summer Scholars project, we are investing in 3 of 5 evidence-based practices that move the needle in improving children’s literacy:
- Active Reading
- Summer Reading
- Including Families in the Process
By reading 5 books during the summer, students can add 1.5 months of additional growth
Our Partners:Partner With Us
Ready, Set, Go!
July 22, 2018
Many teachers at Title I schools spend precious time and their own resources preparing for the start of the school year. We partner with our local schools to provide teacher survival kits which include backpacks, schools supplies for students, and shared supplies for the classrooms. These kits help educators and students begin teaching and learning on Day One.
You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
2 Timothy 2:1