New Charlotte is partnering with Church at Charlotte and St. Stephen UMC to conduct a summer reading book fair at Greenway Park and Idlewild Elementary Schools.
Here’s How You Can Help
- Donate during the offering or online and we will purchase books for you.
- Join us at Greenway Park (May 22) or Idlewild (May 23) and help students choose the 5 books they can take home with them.
The Power of Literacy
- 96% of 3rd graders reading on grade level will graduate on time
- On average, students lose 2 months of reading skills over the summer
- The third grade literacy proficiency rate is currently at 39% across CMS
Through participating in our Summer Scholars project, we are investing in 3 of 5 evidence-based practices that move the needle in improving children’s literacy:
- Active Reading
- Summer Reading
- Including Families in the Process
By reading 5 books during the summer, students can add 1.5 months of additional growth
Our Partners:Partner With Us
Serve CMS Day at Greenway Park
October 06, 2018
It’s become a tradition – New Charlotte spends the morning clearing out and planting flowers and plants that last the entire school year in 6 outdoor patios Greenway has connected to classrooms. We bring the tools, we’re asking you to roll up your sleeves and make it look good!
You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
2 Timothy 2:1