6 simple truths I’ve learned in the past 6 weeks
Over the past month and a half, we’ve been on an amazing journey through the book of Colossians. I’ve been amazed at the amount of truth contained in this very short letter.
Here are 6 simple truths I’ve learned in the past 6 weeks.
1. Jesus + Something = Nothing
Jesus + Nothing = Everything.
“In Christ you have been made complete…” -Colossians 2:10a
2. Instead of telling yourself to keep it together, remind yourself that, Jesus holds all things together.
“in him all things hold together.” -Colossians 1:17b
3. There are 2 types of lies Satan tells people:
• You’re not that bad.
• Jesus is not that good.
“See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.” -Colossians 2:8
4. You will either be full of Jesus or full of yourself.
“These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.” -Colossians 2:17
5. New Life requires a new set of disciplines and priorities.
“seek the things that are above, where Christ is.” - Colossians 3:1
6. Keep going.
“Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.” -Colossians 4:2
You can find sermon videos from our Colossians series here or listen to audio versions on your favorite podcast app.